The Nice LTC was founded in 1890 at the Place Mozart. Four clay courts were constructed.
The first president of the tournament, Henry E. Salisbury, organizes a tournament in 1895, which will have an international stature from the beginning of the 20th century. Organized since 1895, the Nice tournament, also called South of France Championships or Championship of South France4, was sometimes organized twice in the same year, the two tournaments being separated by a few weeks From 1895 to 1922, the tournament was held on the courts of Place Mozart. The current tournament, played at the LTC, exists since 1898.